Theory tests will restart in England on 4 July 2020 with social distancing and safety precautions in place.
Theory tests will restart in England on Saturday 4 July 2020 with new social distancing and safety precautions in place.
Theory tests are still suspended in Scotland and Wales.
Keeping you safe at the test centre
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) has introduced social distancing measures and safety precautions at test centres.
- using floor markings to keep people 2 metres apart
- spacing workstations and chairs so you’re 2 metres away from other people
- extra cleaning of the test centres
- using protective transparent screens at the reception desk
- providing hand sanitiser for you to use when you arrive at the test centre, during your test and when you leave
- cleaning workstations, including computers and headphones, before every test
Staff will wear a face covering (unless there’s a medical reason that it’s not recommended for them) and gloves.
You have to come into the test centre alone. This is to help with social distancing.